So, what have I been up to?
Well, I did see this great documentary recently about The Cowsills, it’s called Family Band The Cowsills Story
Who are The Cowsills?
Well, let’s face facts... unless you’re like me and about as old as dirt, chances are you don’t know who it is I’m talking about but The Cowsills like a bunch of other bands hold a special place in my heart because they are reminders of my days as a kid when it was a big deal to have a transistor radio and AM radio was the bastion of pop music.
Oh, and The Cowsills who had a bunch of hits also were the basis for the TV show The Partridge Family.
Anyway, the documentary was really great and I recommend it highly. If anything I was once again surprised by how small the music business was (who knew The Cowsills had a connection to Tommy James of Tommy James and the Shondells?).
So, if you get a chance you should really catch it - Bear in mind though that The Cowsills also had a bunch of pop hits but they also had a hit that was a signature song of the period. If you’re not familiar with it, take a listen, it holds up very, very well...
You can see a little bit of the story behind the song, an interesting story in and of itself for a band that preceded The Osmonds in promoting that squeaky clean kind of image.
Well, I did see this great documentary recently about The Cowsills, it’s called Family Band The Cowsills Story
Who are The Cowsills?
Well, let’s face facts... unless you’re like me and about as old as dirt, chances are you don’t know who it is I’m talking about but The Cowsills like a bunch of other bands hold a special place in my heart because they are reminders of my days as a kid when it was a big deal to have a transistor radio and AM radio was the bastion of pop music.
Oh, and The Cowsills who had a bunch of hits also were the basis for the TV show The Partridge Family.
Anyway, the documentary was really great and I recommend it highly. If anything I was once again surprised by how small the music business was (who knew The Cowsills had a connection to Tommy James of Tommy James and the Shondells?).
So, if you get a chance you should really catch it - Bear in mind though that The Cowsills also had a bunch of pop hits but they also had a hit that was a signature song of the period. If you’re not familiar with it, take a listen, it holds up very, very well...
You can see a little bit of the story behind the song, an interesting story in and of itself for a band that preceded The Osmonds in promoting that squeaky clean kind of image.
No comments:
Post a Comment